New Student Orientation
Welcome to W.T. Woodson High School - Home of the Cavaliers!
Cav Kickoff, our new student orientation/open house will be held on Thursday, August 18th, 2022 @ 11:00 AM.
We know that transitioning into high school or a new school in general can be overwhelming at times. We have created several resources for you to view to help ease that transition. Here we are a community that supports all students and families to find their home at Woodson, as we are #oneWoodson. If you have any questions, please reach out to any of the administration or your counselor, we are here to help!
New Student Orientation Schedule
11:00a.m.- 12:00p.m.: Rising 9th graders and anyone new to Woodson HS will have the opportunity to participate in a new student orientation. They will meet key members of the Woodson team, learn important information for the first day of school, and have the opportunity to ask questions. Please see the bus schedule below.
Students will be welcomed by members of the Woodson Band, Woodson Cheerleaders, and Woodson Precisionettes at the auditorium entrance (Entrance #18). Students may also enter through entrance #1 for a quieter arrival and can follow the signs to the auditorium.
Students will begin in the auditorium for a general session. Parents/guardians who attend should proceed to the Main Gym for an information session to learn about Schoology, the PTSO, Athletics and Activities, and hear from other parents about their experiences as new parents at Woodson.
Open House 11:30a.m.- 1:00p.m.: All students in grades 9-12 and parents are welcome to tour the building with their schedules, view supply lists for their classes, and meet their teachers. Please check SIS StudentVUE for your schedule prior to attending for an smooth experience! Schedules will be viewable in SIS StudentVUE at 6:00a.m. on Thursday, August 18th.
Clubs/Activities Fair, Games, Food 11:30a.m.-1:00p.m.: The entire Cavalier Community is invited to enjoy food, activities, music, and more to kick-off the 2022-2023 school year (activities outside near Entrance #7)!
During this event, you will be able to:
- Visit student clubs and athletic teams, outside in the front courtyard near Entrance 18.
- Purchase food from food trucks and participate in activities on the blacktop near Entrance 7 (bring money!).
- Class of 2026: Pick up your free class shirt!
- Learn about Woodson’s PTSO and become a member.
- Visit Performing Arts Booster tables.
- Purchase Athletic Booster passes and Woodson spirit wear in the main gym.
- Get SIS ParentVUE assistance in the main gym.
Laptops will be distributed the first week of school and PE uniforms will be purchased online this year. Information on how to order uniforms will be available during Cav Kickoff.
Underclass pictures will be taken this fall during school. Senior portraits are scheduled through Victor O’Neill studios. The next Senior portrait dates are Wednesday-Friday, August 18-20. Please be aware that Woodson HS has nothing to do with senior pictures, please contact Victor O’Neill studios directly at @email
If students are unable to attend Cav Kickoff or the new student orientation, they will be able to access their schedules on SIS (Student Information System) starting at 6:00a.m. on Thursday, August 18th.
Cav Kickoff Bus Schedule
Transportation will be provided from the following elementary schools to and from New Student Orientation and Cav Kickoff:
- Canterbury Woods - Depart at 10:15am
- Wakefield Forest - Depart at 10:00am
- Little Run - Depart at 10:15am
- Mantua - Depart at 10:15am
- Olde Creek - Depart at 10:15am
- Fairfax Villa - Depart at 10:00am
- Oak View - Depart at 10:00am
Students will be able to ride the bus back to their feeder elementary schools after enjoying some time at Cav Kickoff. Buses will depart Woodson at approximately 1:15p.m.
Get Signed Up at Woodson!
- Emergency Care Form - All students must have accurate emergency care information. Parents update this information through @email via their SIS ParentVue account.
- Health Information - Only for students with medical concerns. Email completed Health Information Form to
- Digital Tool Consent - Review software used at Woodson HS and complete consent form.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R) Parent Signature Sheet - For information and to view the SR&R document visit the FCPS SR&R page.
If you need a SIS Parent Account, please request one here. If you forgot your SIS ParentVUE account information you can reset it here. New to FCPS? You will receive an activation letter in the mail in August.
- FCPS Privacy and Opt-Out Forms - Details parents' rights regarding FCPS policies. Complete these forms only if you wish for your child to be opted-out.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application - Apply for Free and Reduced Lunch or view information about the FCPS Food and Nutrition Services.
- Homeless Student Referral Form - If applicable, please complete this form.
- Laptop Opt Out - Only for students who are not taking a school computer.
- SIS ParentVUE - SIS ParentVUE provides online access to information about your child’s attendance, class performance, demographic data and course materials. This is also the account needed for parent Schoology accounts. There is also a SIS ParentVUE Mobile App available. Parents of returning students can reset their SIS ParentVUE password, change their username or recover their username by clicking on the appropriate link.
All parents will use their SIS account to update emergency care information for their children.
Log into your SIS ParentVUE account
Click on the FCPS Links button
Click on the + sign beside the child’s name to get a list of forms
After the form has been updated and saved, click Send the Form beside each child’s name where information has been updated
- Option 2:
- Click on the weCare @ school link
- A list of your child(ren) will appear
- Click on the child’s name and click continue on each page
Learn about the happenings at Woodson and subscribe to our calendar!
A Sneak Peek into Woodson
Meet your administrators. You can click through each of their videos to learn more about what they do at Woodson HS.
Meet your school counselor. You can listen to your counselor to find out how they can support you at Woodson.
Find out what the math center is all about. Math Center
Find out about our attendance office from Mrs. Hagan-Bowerman - Attendance
Click here to learn more about our library.
Hear from our Equity Leads about our work with our clubs around equity at Woodson - Cav Congress
Please fill out a copy of the PE Uniform form and submit by Friday August 19th at 12:00 PM.
Uniforms are due to be completed on Tuesday, September 6th.
View Our Bell Schedules
- Assistant Principal, HS
Administrative Assistant: Gina D'Angelo |703-503-4601
Administrator for: Student Last Names: Ron-Z
Class Administrator for 2025
Department Administrator for: Fine and Performing Arts, Social Studies, World Languages, Attendance, Clinic, Safety and Security, School Resource Officer