Digital Resources at Woodson High School - Parent Consent
Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent
Translate this page
Digital Resources at WT Woodson High School
This information is provided in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to provide you with information about the measures FCPS takes to keep student data secure when using digital tools. By completing the digital form linked below, you provide permission for your child to use the FCPS-approved online tools listed below as part of an instructional program.
Listed below are the digital tools that are used at your child’s school that require parental approval, and not all tools will be used by every student. The tools have been carefully reviewed to ensure that they align with the FCPS Learning Model and FCPS conducts the same technical evaluations for all products that use student information.
For information about the specific tools that will be used by your child, please contact your child’s teachers. You will be notified if additional tools are added to this list and given the opportunity to opt-in to tools that require parental permission. Additionally, FCPS may use digital tools that do not collect, use or share any personal information.
You can find more information about FCPS’ commitment to student privacy and how resources are vetted at Digital Resources in FCPS.
This permission will expire at the end of this school year and can be revoked at any time by contacting the school. If you have questions about any of the digital resources listed below, please contact your child’s school.
Please use this form to provide parental consent for each student in your family.
High School List
- Reading platform for ELA, science and history texts
Additional Google Services
- A selection of resources which go beyond the core services provided by Google Workspace for Education
- Adaptive learning program for mathematics
- Desktop GIS software to create, analyze, and share maps
- Cloud-based GIS software to create, analyze, and share maps
- Teacher - Parent classroom communication and management platform
- eBooks on how to be a smart digital citizen
- Digital math curriculum with content ranging from middle school to AP Calculus.
- Online calculator and interactive math activities
- Online tool for teaching with primary source documents
- Platform for student-recorded video responses
- Online tool to connect students around the world
- Online learning and courses
- Technical computing system
- Software for analyzing data, developing algorithms, and creating models.
- Platform for broadcasting interactive presentations to student devices
- Online collaborative bulletin board
- Schoolwide PBIS management system
- Learning tools for students, including flashcards, study, and game modes.
- School-home communication tool
- Screencasting tool
Smithsonian Learning Lab
- Resource for images, recordings, and texts to create online student lessons
- Formative assessment app for quick checks of student understanding
Soundtrap for Education
- Audio recording and editing platform
Testing & Education Reference Center (Gale)
- Standardized test preparation and college selection.
World Book Timeline
- FCPS Library Research Database and Timeline Generator
For World Language Students
- Web-based supplemental language learning platform
- Online language learning platform
- Application to support language acquisition
- Digital worksheet builder lets students show learning in multiple ways
For Career and Technical Education Students
Onshape for Students and Educators
- CAD platform
- 3D design and modeling software
For Computer Science Students
- Interactive online coding courses
- Interactive online coding courses
- Coding and computer science curriculum
- Resource for helping students learn coding skills
MIT AppInventor and Emulation Software
- Programming tool to build Android apps
Scratch - Cloud Version
- Web-based programming software for elementary students
For Fine and Performing Art Students
Sight Reading Factory
- Sight-reading and sight-singing practice
- Allows students to record music and get feedback from teachers