New Student Orientation
Welcome to W.T. Woodson High School - Home of the Cavaliers!
Cav Kickoff, our new student orientation/open house will be held on consecutive days this year.
We know that transitioning into high school or a new school in general can be overwhelming at times. We have created several resources for you to view to help ease that transition. Here we are a community that supports all students and families to find their home at Woodson, as we are #oneWoodson. If you have any questions, please reach out to any of the administration or your counselor, we are here to help!
New Student Orientation Schedule
9th Grade Parent Information Sessions - Tuesday, August 1 OR Wednesday, August 9, 7PM - 8PM, Cafeteria A
Parents and Guardians of rising 9th graders may come to learn more about the transition to high school and what to expect in the 9th grade year. Both sessions will be the same, please choose one or the other.
Traditional Cav Kickoff has been broken into three parts:
1. Transfer Family Orientation – Thursday, August 17, 4-5PM, LibraryTransfer students and parents grades 10 – 12 are invited to come for a parent and student information session and guided building tour.
2. 9th grade Family Orientation – Thursday, August 17, 5-7PM, Auditorium
Students and parents of grade 9 are invited to come and learn more about what high school is all about, tour the school, and become acclimated to the building. Transportation will be provided from the following elementary schools to and from this event. Buses will depart ES at 4:15pm and will depart Woodson to return to ES locations at 7:15pm.
Canterbury Woods Wakefield Forest Little Run Mantua Olde Creek Fairfax Villa Oak View
3. Open House – Friday, August 18, 9-11AM Open House sets an inviting atmosphere and welcoming tone for the school year. All students and families may come during this informal event to tour the building, meet and greet teachers, get school supply lists, and have opportunities to sign up for clubs, activities, and the Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO). If you need to tour the building again or cannot make this open house, you are welcome to tour the school on your own on Saturday, August 19 between the hours of 8AM - 3PM. Maps will be available at entrance #1 and the doors will be unlocked.
Monday, August 21, 8:10AM - First day of school
The first bell of the new school year rings at 8:10AM! All studentsmust be in period 1 by this time. Bell Schedule
Thursday, September 14, 6PM - 8:30PM - Back to School Night
All parents and guardians are invited to come and walk their child’s schedule, meet teachers, learn about the curriculum, and purchase spirit wear. Please plan to arrive early as parking can be a challenge, even with our large parking lots. The walk from the stadium lot to the building can take a few minutes, please plan accordingly.
Laptops will be distributed the first week of school and PE uniforms will be purchased online this year. Information on how to order uniforms will be available during Cav Kickoff.
Underclass pictures will be taken this fall during school. Senior portraits are scheduled through Victor O’Neill studios. The next Senior portrait dates are Wednesday-Friday, August 18-20. Please be aware that Woodson HS has nothing to do with senior pictures, please contact Victor O’Neill studios directly at @email
If students are unable to attend Cav Kickoff or the new student orientation, they will be able to access their schedules on SIS (Student Information System) starting at 6:00a.m. on Monday, August 21st.
Get Signed Up at Woodson!
- Emergency Care Form - All students must have accurate emergency care information. Parents update this information through @email via their SIS ParentVue account.
- Health Information - Only for students with medical concerns. Email completed Health Information Form to
- Digital Tool Consent - Review software used at Woodson HS and complete consent form.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R) Parent Signature Sheet - For information and to view the SR&R document visit the FCPS SR&R page.
If you need a SIS Parent Account, please request one here. If you forgot your SIS ParentVUE account information you can reset it here. New to FCPS? You will receive an activation letter in the mail in August.
- FCPS Privacy and Opt-Out Forms - Details parents' rights regarding FCPS policies. Complete these forms only if you wish for your child to be opted-out.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application - Apply for Free and Reduced Lunch or view information about the FCPS Food and Nutrition Services.
- Homeless Student Referral Form - If applicable, please complete this form.
- Laptop Opt Out - Only for students who are not taking a school computer.
- SIS ParentVUE - SIS ParentVUE provides online access to information about your child’s attendance, class performance, demographic data and course materials. This is also the account needed for parent Schoology accounts. There is also a SIS ParentVUE Mobile App available. Parents of returning students can reset their SIS ParentVUE password, change their username or recover their username by clicking on the appropriate link.
All parents will use their SIS account to update emergency care information for their children.
Log into your SIS ParentVUE account
Click on the FCPS Links button
Click on the + sign beside the child’s name to get a list of forms
After the form has been updated and saved, click Send the Form beside each child’s name where information has been updated
- Option 2:
- Click on the weCare @ school link
- A list of your child(ren) will appear
- Click on the child’s name and click continue on each page
Learn about the happenings at Woodson and subscribe to our calendar!
A Sneak Peek into Woodson
Meet your administrators. You can click through each of their videos to learn more about what they do at Woodson HS.
Meet your school counselor. You can listen to your counselor to find out how they can support you at Woodson.
Find out what the math center is all about. Math Center
Find out about our attendance office from Mrs. Hagan-Bowerman - Attendance
Click here to learn more about our library.
Hear from our Equity Leads about our work with our clubs around equity at Woodson - Cav Congress
Please fill out a copy of the PE Uniform form and submit by Friday August 19th at 12:00 PM.
Uniforms are due to be completed on Tuesday, September 6th.
View Our Bell Schedules
- Assistant Principal, HS
Administrative Assistant: Gina D'Angelo |703-503-4601
Administrator for: Student Last Names: Ron-Z
Class Administrator for 2025
Department Administrator for: Fine and Performing Arts, Social Studies, World Languages, Attendance, Clinic, Safety and Security, School Resource Officer