Please make note of our NEW Athletics website, www.wtwoodsonsports.com. As of 10/15/2020, we will no longer be using our .org website.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The VHSL Executive Committee meeting in special session on, 7/27/2020, voted (34-1-0) to move forward with Model 3 in its re-opening of sports and activities for the 2020-21 school year. Model 3 delays all VHSL sports and activities until December 14 and adopts the Condensed Interscholastic Plan. This model leaves all sports in the season where they are currently aligned.
Model 3 – Condensed Interscholastic Plan.
- Season 1 (Winter) December 14 – February 20 (First Contest Date – December 28)
- basketball, gymnastics, indoor track, swim/dive, wrestling
- Season 2 (Fall) February 15 – May 1 (First Contest Date – March 1)
- cheer, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, volleyball
- Season 3 (Spring) April 12 – June 26 (First Contest Date – April 26)
- baseball, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field
Athlete Participation Requirements
All items must be submitted prior to the sports tryout date. For more details, please visit FCPS Student Athletics.
We Are Woodson!
View team schedules, rosters and coaching information for all teams at all levels, read game summaries, revisit previous seasons, volunteer, and more.
View the Virginia state championship teams and years for each of our varsity sports programs since the inception of WT Woodson High School.