These sites are provided as an information service. The inclusion of an organization does not constitute an endorsement of that organization, nor does omission represent disapproval.
- National Crisis Hotline for any age - 800.273.TALK (8255)
- Al-Anon/Alateen 703.534-HELP (4357) or 877.339.8350
- Alternative House provides a 24-hour hotline for distressed adolescents. 703.356.6360
- Coordinated Services Planning - Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community services provide an in-depth assessment of needs and provides referrals to appropriate community resources. 703.222.0880.
- CrisisLink provides 24-hour confidential listening, crisis intervention, information, and referrals. 703.527.4077
- Eating Disorders -The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) site offers support to individuals and families.
- Educational Support Services - Fairfax County support links.
- Fairfax County Health Department Programs & Services
- Fairfax Partnership for Youth, Inc provides advocacy and community education in bullying prevention and awareness in NoVA. 703.324.7034
- Fairfax County Health and Human Services
- Family Education Network - Access to news, expert advice, and resources on school, parenting, homework, learning disabilities, health and safety, and college planning. Partners include many national educational groups.
- Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board provides behavioral healthcare including wellness, mental health and substance use assessment and treatment for youth and families. 703.383.8500.
- Fairfax Partnership for Youth offers great information and links to programs.
- Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network Northern Virginia Chapter: 703.366.1090
Parent Resource Center
For Families and Students who have experienced a Traumatic/Stressful Event
For Families with Special Needs Students
- Autism Speaks Focused support organization. Lots of resources.
- Campus Security Searchable database of statistics for campuses and surrounding area. Be sure to read the introductory page for full understanding.
- For Families with Special Needs Sites for families of children with disabilities and special needs.
- How Nurses Can Support Children with Autism During Medical Visits
- "IES National Center for Educational Statistics" Provided by the U.S. Department of Education, and the Institute of Educational Sciences, this site connects to the National Center for Educational Statistics. Build a list of schools, pinpoint school locations, research data and annual reports.
- Mapping Your Future Spanish is available by clicking "En Español"
- NACAC National Association for College Admissions Counseling - This site is focused on the professional, but there is also a lot of excellent information for parents.
- NDSS National Advocate for People with Down Syndrome Since 1979
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Great search site for career research.
- O-net online Interactive search for occupations and skills matching.
- Parents Magazine Online version of the well-known magazine. Includes news and information about pregnancy, ages and stages, health, family finances, and travel. Readers can search for articles by topic.
- PTA, National Resource section includes articles (some in Spanish) on school success; family communication; health and safety; drugs and alcohol; and family fun. PTAs may reproduce articles; other organizations must request permission. Site also includes education news and legislative updates.
- SCHEV The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia -
- This site covers basics and Virginia schools thoroughly. Click on Parents.& Parents of High School Students.
- Today's Parent Includes full text of articles from a Canadian magazine on behavior, health, nutrition, and family life.
- USNews Education news and trends as well as college information.
- Virginia Career View Compiled by Virginia Tech, this site can help develop skills, examine careers, and find good resources as well as activities.
Grade Level Orientation and Parent Night Presentations
Research Inspired Tips for High Achievement Parenting