Vocational and Technical Training
Questions to ask and available options
- How many students does the school train?
- What programs does the school offer? Are they right for you?
- How is the school accredited? Is it good enough for what you want?
- If work experience or an internship is required for certification/licensure, what organizations does the school work with? If the school has no relationships with any organizations, you may not be able to obtain required experience.
- What is the school's pass rate for certification/licensure?
- What is the school's placement rate? What percentage of their graduates have jobs in their area of study within 6 months of graduation?
Licensing and Accreditation in Virginia
Know and understand accreditation before selecting your post-secondary education.
The State Council for Higher Education for Virginia maintains a list of all schools licensed to do business in Virginia. It also shows the school's accreditation and links to the school, programs, and accreditating agency..
Federal Department of Education database of accredited postsecondary institutions and programs. Be sure the school you wish to attend has the accreditation you want and will need when it comes time to get a job.
Broad Curriculum Options
Discover what career and technical education is available in Fairfax County Pubolic Schools. Excellent preparation and even certification is available.
High School students must apply and be accepted into these excellent, focused programs. Certifications available for many programs. (scroll down on the page to read about programs) See your counselor.
Apprenticeships, Certificate programs, & Workforce/Group Contract Training
Many options for Associate Degrees & Certificates: Programs