Testing in FCPS
- The Office of Student Testing provides information to parents about testing within Fairfax County Public Schools. You may also access testing information from Student Testing on the FCPS website.
SOLs (Virginia Standards of Learning)
- SOLs are the commonwealth's expectations for student learning and achievement. Please visit the Virginia Department of Education website for details.
- End-of-Course SOL Tests at Woodson will be offered to identified seniors, transfer students, and students needing retakes in early December. Regular testing window occurs in May and June for all students.
- It is important that your child attend school on these days. If possible, please avoid scheduling trips or appointments that would take your child out of school during this time period. It is also important that your child have a good night’s rest and a healthy breakfast before testing. If you become aware of an unavoidable conflict that could result in your child missing a testing day, please notify your child’s school counselor as soon as possible.
- Advanced Placement Exams Schedule
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exams will take place in early May. Students in an AP class are automatically enrolled to take the exam. AP exam dates can be found on the College Board website or in Student Services (E103).
- Students who are NOT in an AP class but would like to take an AP exam should contact Mrs. Nielsen (703-503-4623) for registration information. You may also stop by her desk in Room E103.
- AP Accommodations:
- All requests for College Board AP testing accommodations must be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to testing. Please contact Ms. Guinee, Woodson’s Assessment Coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
- The PSAT is offered once a year in October. This is an opportunity for students to practice in a real testing environment with no penalty should it be a bad testing day. The PSAT is not used in the college application process. Taking the PSAT as a registered student gives the student access to personalized online tutoring through Khan Academy.
- The PSAT is used as the National Merit Qualifying Test for high school Juniors. ALL Juniors are encouraged to take this test during the Junior year.
- Students will receive an email from the College Board at the end of December with information and a code for students to access their scores. If a student does not have this access code, he or she may stop by Student Services to get this information.
- Website: studentscores.collegeboard.org.
Career Center - College Testing
SAT, ACT, Military, GED, and other college and career related testing calendars and information.
WT Woodson Testing Calendar
This page shows the Woodson Testing Calendar with dates for SOLs, PSATs, AP Exams, Finals Exams and other testing occurring at Woodson High School.