These sites are provided as an information service. The inclusion of an organization does not constitute an endorsement of that organization, nor does omission represent disapproval.
- National Crisis Hotline for any age - 800.273.TALK (8255)
- Al-Anon/Alateen 703.534-HELP (4357) or 877.339.8350
- Alternative House provides a 24-hour hotline for distressed adolescents. 703.356.6360
- Coordinated Services Planning - Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community services provide an in-depth assessment of needs and provides referrals to appropriate community resources. 703.222.0880.
- CrisisLink provides 24-hour confidential listening, crisis intervention, information, and referrals. 703.527.4077
- Eating Disorders -The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) site offers support to individuals and families.
- Educational Support Services - Fairfax County support links.
- Fairfax County Health Department Programs & Services
- Fairfax Partnership for Youth, Inc provides advocacy and community education in bullying prevention and awareness in NoVA. 703.324.7034
- Fairfax County Health and Human Services
- Family Education Network - Access to news, expert advice, and resources on school, parenting, homework, learning disabilities, health and safety, and college planning. Partners include many national educational groups.
- Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board provides behavioral healthcare including wellness, mental health and substance use assessment and treatment for youth and families. 703.383.8500.
- Fairfax Partnership for Youth offers great information and links to programs.
- Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network Northern Virginia Chapter: 703.366.1090
For Families and Students who have experienced a Traumatic/Stressful Event
For Families with Special Needs Students
- Autism Speaks Focused support organization. Lots of resources.
- Campus Security Searchable database of statistics for campuses and surrounding area. Be sure to read the introductory page for full understanding.
- For Families with Special Needs Sites for families of children with disabilities and special needs.
- How Nurses Can Support Children with Autism During Medical Visits
- "IES National Center for Educational Statistics" Provided by the U.S. Department of Education, and the Institute of Educational Sciences, this site connects to the National Center for Educational Statistics. Build a list of schools, pinpoint school locations, research data and annual reports.
- Mapping Your Future Spanish is available by clicking "En Español"
- NACAC National Association for College Admissions Counseling - This site is focused on the professional, but there is also a lot of excellent information for parents.
- NDSS National Advocate for People with Down Syndrome Since 1979
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Great search site for career research.
- O-net online Interactive search for occupations and skills matching.
- Parents Magazine Online version of the well-known magazine. Includes news and information about pregnancy, ages and stages, health, family finances, and travel. Readers can search for articles by topic.
- PTA, National Resource section includes articles (some in Spanish) on school success; family communication; health and safety; drugs and alcohol; and family fun. PTAs may reproduce articles; other organizations must request permission. Site also includes education news and legislative updates.
- SCHEV The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia -
- This site covers basics and Virginia schools thoroughly. Click on Parents.& Parents of High School Students.
- Today's Parent Includes full text of articles from a Canadian magazine on behavior, health, nutrition, and family life.
- USNews Education news and trends as well as college information.
- Virginia Career View Compiled by Virginia Tech, this site can help develop skills, examine careers, and find good resources as well as activities.