Senior Spotlight - Amber Smith
1) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
I am proud of the fact that I never gave up, I was faced with so many instances where I could have just given up and quit, but I didn't. I kept studying, meeting new friends, and finding myself along the way.
2) What is your passion? Has it changed at all in light of social distancing?
My passion for the past few years has been photography. In light of the world's current situation, my passion has remained the same, if not stronger than before. I've been getting a lot of work done in consideration to my business and just continuing to create.
3) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
My biggest hardship, or disappointment from the schools closing this year is not being able to thank my teachers properly and see them one last time, in particular Joseph Dixon, my photography teacher, and Jayne Matricardi, my AP studio arts teacher. They have helped me tremendously throughout the past school year, always answered any questions I had, and genuinely cared about their students.
4) What are your plans for the fall?
I will be attending George Mason University, most likely virtually. I will be going for a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a concentration in photography and a master's degree.
5) What are your hopes for the future?
In the future, I hope to either open my own photography business, or become an arts teacher, if not both.