Senior Class Information
Senior Parent Meeting Packet
Here is the packet of handouts shared at the Senior Parent Meeting on Wednesday, April 25th - PACKET.
Senior Financial Obligations
- Senior Fee is $125 MySchoolBucks
- Prom tickets and Caps and gowns will be withheld for money owed to the school for the following
- Senior Fee
- Textbooks/Course Fees/Calculators, etc.
- Parking tickets
- Library fines
- See Ms. O'Brien in the School Main Office to pay or to check on any outstanding obligations.
Cap and Gown Distribution
- Thursday, May 31st and Friday, June 1st during lunches in the cafeteria.
- Only distributed to seniors with clear financial obligations.
Senior Exam Schedule
- Monday, June 4th - Periods 5 & 7
- Tuesday, June 5th - Periods 6 & 8
- Wednesday, June 6th - Period 1
- Thursday, June 7th - Periods 2 & 4
Graduation Rehearsal - Wednesday, June 6th after 1st Period
- Wednesday, June 6th after 1st Period in the Main Gym
- Seniors will line up alphabetically
- Practice walking in rows of two (2) to assigned seats
- Advised of senior contract and graduation expectations
- Caps and gowns will be available for those who have not already picked them up
Baccalaureate - Sunday, June 10th from 2:00-4:00pm, Woodson Auditorium
- Administered by the PTSO
- Interfaith service with messages to the graduating class, providing seniors and families with a time for reflection and inspiration.
- Only faith-based ceremony allowed on school property.
- Parents, family, and friends are welcome to attend.
- Look for invitations in the mail.
- Students wear graduation cap and gowns.
- Students arrive at 1:40pm in cap and gown and line up in E Hall, on the Auditorium side.
- Light food reception to follow the ceremony in the cafeteria.
Elementary School Senior Walks
Senior Walks at Woodson Pyramid elementary schools are planned for Monday, June 11th. Meet in the front office in your cap and gown at the following times:
- Fairfax Villa ES - 9:30am
- Mantua ES - 10:30am
- Little Run ES - 2:15pm
- Wakefield Forest ES - 2:30pm
- Canterbury Woods ES - 3:00pm
Graduation - Wednesday, June 13th at 2:00pm at EagleBank Arena
- Students arrive no later than 1:00pm in the loading dock area of EagleBank Arena
- Students will not be allowed into the arena with cell phone, purse, wallet, etc.
- There are no tickets required to attend the graduation ceremony
- Keynote Speaker - Mr. Michael Ehrlich
- Photos are available for purchase after the ceremony at events.lifetouch.com.
Cav Cruise - Wednesday, June 13th from 11:00pm-5:00am, Oak Mar Rec Center
- Tickets: $100 http://www.woodsonptso.org/register.html
- or $120 cash at the door
- Cav Cruise Video: We are collecting 3 photos of every senior for a senior video to be played at Baccalaureate and the night of Cav Cruise. Please send 3 photos of your senior’s HS experience at Woodson. We already have all of the Senior Photos from the yearbook, so we are looking for fun photos. No baby photos or non-HS photos please! Please email pictures to mailto:email@example.com
Students Rights and Responsibilities
To access the FCPS Students Rights and Responsibilities information for 2017-2018, please visit https://www.fcps.edu/about-fcps/policies-regulations-and-notices/student-rights-and-responsibilities/student-rights-and.